On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 11:21:41AM -0400, danielg Posting wrote:

> and I'm trying to activate the refresh menu item.  How would it know which
> menuitem to activate?

Leaving aside item factories have been deprecated for a long
time:
(a) you can store the item somewhere (e.g. in some struct)
(b) you can fetch it with gtk_item_factory_get_item() again

> I also have the standard menu, File, Edit, etc which
> has this:

> But the Edit menu is not active at the point I want the refresh to take place.
>  I also tried menuitem.refresh and tw->menuitem.refresh.  Yes, I do know I'm
> probably in left field, but I figured I'd just try it all before I asked for
> help.

If you know what action you want to invoke, you can also
call the callback function of the item directly (or some
other function that performs the requested action), can't
you?

> So, what the heck is "menuitem" inside the parenthases?  Back to my original
> question.

For instance tw->menuitem.file.  Any of them.  All are menu
items.

Yeti

--
http://gwyddion.net/