David Nečas (Yeti) wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 21, 2007 at 03:32:49PM -0100, vano wrote:
>> Anybody has idea how to emit in GTK (2.11.6) some keypress event into
>> main event loop?
>>

> Why on Earth you are connecting to "button-press-event"
> instead of "clicked" of the button?  (And with a handler that
> has the wrong prototype -- event signals have a boolean return
> value.)
>
> Now something constructive: Synthetizing events is almost
> always a bad idea.  At the end, you want the button to
> behave normally (i.e. connect to "clicked") and perform some
> specific action: insert text, delete text, change text, ...
> For all these things GtkTextView/Buffer have methods.  Use
> them directly.

Hi David,

thanks for your feedback. The main reason of connecting signal to
button-press/release-event is that I need them passed through GTK
immodule, namely so they get catched and handled by
immodules/im-multipress.so
I can't just set/update/deleta text directly by textview methods.

Best regards,
Ivan