Kristian Rietveld wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 08, 2007 at 03:53:29PM +0200, Bastiaan Veelo wrote:
>
>>> Something like this seems to work for me:
>>>
>>>   button = gtk_button_new_with_label ("...");
>>>   style = gtk_rc_get_style_by_paths (gtk_widget_get_settings (button),
>>>                                      "*.GtkTreeView.GtkButton",
>>>                                      NULL,
>>>                                      G_OBJECT_TYPE (button));
>>>   gtk_widget_set_style (button, style);

<snip>
>> I guess I need to trick the theme engine into thinking that it is
>> drawing a GtkTreeView button. Is there a way to do that? If the method
>> would be engine-dependent, I need it to work on MS Windows.
>>

> That is exactly what the code above tries to achieve.
<snip>

The reason why this is not going to work (for the windows theme at
least, GTK+ 2.10) is a hard-coded check on the type of widget->parent in
draw_box() on line 1929 of msw_style.c:

        if (GTK_IS_TREE_VIEW (widget->parent)
        || GTK_IS_CLIST (widget->parent))
        {
            if (xp_theme_draw
            (window, XP_THEME_ELEMENT_LIST_HEADER, style, x, y,
             width, height, state_type, area))
            return;