Am Sun, 23 Mar 2008 00:57:32 +0200 schrieb Tor Lillqvist:

> >  The module directory is not present in the zip file.
>
> The modules that are part of Pango are built-in in the corresponding
> DLLs.
>
> >  Because of this no fonts are
> >  rendered and only a missing char (small box) is displayed for each
> > char.
>
> That is caused by something else then. Do you get any error messages
> or warnings? What is the first one?
>
> You could also try running some simple test program with the
> environment variable PANGO_WIN32_DEBUG set to some non-empty value and
> see if you get some hint from the output that generates. Preferably
> compare to what output you get on a machine where it works.

I made a mistake. For a short test I started the gtk-demo in wine on
Linux and hoped it might work. I missed to tell this (not unimportant)
in my E-Mail. :-)

Now I repeated the test in real windows and it works. But it's
interesting that it doesn't work with wine. Look here:

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3493/gtkdemowinegc7.jpg

and on the terminal:

(gtk-demo.exe:8): Pango-WARNING **: couldn't load font "Sans
Not-Rotated 10", falling back to "Sans Not-Rotated 10", expect ugly
output.

(gtk-demo.exe:8): Pango-WARNING **: All font fallbacks failed!!!!

(gtk-demo.exe:8): Pango-WARNING **: failed to find shape engine, expect
ugly output. engine-type='PangoRenderWin32', script='latin'

(gtk-demo.exe:8): Pango-WARNING **: All font fallbacks failed!!!!

(gtk-demo.exe:8): Pango-WARNING **: couldn't load font "Sans
Not-Rotated 18", falling back to "Sans Not-Rotated 18", expect ugly
output.

(gtk-demo.exe:8): Pango-WARNING **: All font fallbacks failed!!!!

(gtk-demo.exe:8): Pango-WARNING **: couldn't load font "Sans 10",
falling back to "Sans 10", expect ugly output.

(gtk-demo.exe:8): Pango-WARNING **: All font fallbacks failed!!!!

Any ideas what is missing to get it running in wine? I don't really
need it, because my app is available native on Linux, but it may be for
testing.

regards
Andreas