2008/5/2 Steven Kauffmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>  A few weeks ago I started with the gtk tutorial. I tried some of the
>  examples and everything is working fine, but valgrind reports some
>  errors (first hello world example)[*].

These are just background and system errors, you can ignore them all.

run valgrind with --gen-suppressions to make a list of the errors you
want to hide, then put something like this into your ~/.valgrindrc

--suppressions=/home/john/gtkbackgrounderrors.supp

now valgrind will only report errors you make.

John