jaafar EL GONNOUNI escreveu:
> Hello;
>
> What is *glib *adding that the GTK + compared to *Xlib *?
>
> All what is possible with glib with Xlib is feasible, then why create a new
> library.

glib is a library to easy programming with the C language. It contains
data structures, utility functions, and features such as a simple
lexical scanner, key-value file reading, and more. Gtk+ uses it, and
both are developed by the same group, but otherwise they aren't related.
It bears no relation to Xlib in any aspect.

Gtk+ is a windowing toolkit. If we disregard the fact that it is
cross-platform (and thus can be used in Windows where there is no Xlib,
for example), it allows one to easily create widgets that have the same
look-and-feel in all applications using Gtk+, in a much simpler way than
with Xlib directly. Or even with Xaw. But you're free to design your own
widgets directly in Xlib and ignore Gtk+ completely, if you fell
inclined to do that.