Hello people.

Previously developping mainly with glade1 and glade2, glade3 now requires
to write the code separately. This made me look into Anjuta and other
alternatives.

During several tests, I came across the famous "your intltool is too old.
You need intltool 0.35.0 or newer". I have 0.40.5 installed, as shown by:

$ intltool-update --version
intltool-update (intltool) 0.40.5

I traced the problem to the configure test, where it tests for the version
of intltool, by reading the contents of intltool-update.in where $VERSION
appears. But in those cases where the test fails, that file was either
non-existent or empty (in the case of auto-generated files, eg. when
making a new project in Anjuta).

I tried to follow the i19n-howto in the intltool package, but I have the
impression that it is hopelessly outdated. I tried to find out where the
problems lie, solved some, but finally got stuck.

Questions:

1) Anyone know how to get the 0.35.0 version problem solved? Is there a
new m4 macro to test for that version?

2) Is there an up-to-date Howto for the entire aclocal/automake/intltool
etc workflow? Maybe publish the original on the list and everyone add
modifications to get it working again?

Thanks in advance...
John