Boggess Rod wrote:
> I guess I wasn't clear.  The messagebox is working fine.  It returns
> whether the user clicked Ok or Cancel.  I'm calling the
> gtk_dialog_run(...) from within the callback of the
> on_hscale_valuechanged(...) (or _changevalue) event handler.  It's the
> hscale's event handler that I can't get to work.
>
> The valuechanged signal is only raised after the hscale value has been
> changed.  That's too late, because if the form contains unsaved changes,
> clicking message box's cancel button should prevent the hscale from
> changing on the parent form.

Interesting.  I have no idea what would work in this case.

I wonder if you could just punt and set the scale value back to the
original value that it had before the valuechanged signal was emitted.
Would be a bit of a hacks since you'd have to keep track of the value in
an external variable.  But maybe a bit of visual feedback (the scale
moving and then going back) might be good from a usability standpoint.