Claudio Saavedra wrote:
> El mar, 03-11-2009 a las 16:53 -0500, dhk escribió:
>> I have a program that declares a number of GtkTreeIter's.  Recently the
>> prepending to the parent iter broke.  I found out that, in some cases,
>> the stamp to the iter's are negative just after the iter is declared.
>> This means the iter is invalid.  The following test program does the
>> same thing.
>>
>> Why aren't all the stamps to the four iter's (a, b, c, and d) valid and
>> positive?
>
> Because your iters are not initialized at all... you are going the wrong
> way on the search for a solution to your initial problem. What do you
> mean by "prepending to the parent iter broke"?
>
> Claudio

In the gtk-demo program has a block as follows in the Tree View/Tree
Store example.  This doesn't initialize the the child iter before using
it in the gtk_tree_store_append(), but the stamp is valid.

/* add children */
      while (holiday->label)
        {
          GtkTreeIter child_iter;

          gtk_tree_store_append (model, &child_iter, &iter);
          gtk_tree_store_set (model, &child_iter,
                              HOLIDAY_NAME_COLUMN, holiday->label,
                              ALEX_COLUMN, holiday->alex,
                              HAVOC_COLUMN, holiday->havoc,