I got the problem!

The thing is, before calling the prepareGrammar() function i am calling a
function, SPI_generateMouseEvent() which modifies the at-spi tree which is
accessed by prepareGrammar, i.e., i was accessing the tree while it was
being modified by another external program. All i need to do is, delay
calling the prepareGrammar() function by 1 sec(or is there any other way??).

By the way, I had never programmed using glib threads before. Is the threads
part of the code I had sent earlier correct? or does it need any changes? I
also have to add GUI(a gnome panel applet) to my application. Would that
require a new thread?

Thanks for all the help so far. Sorry if I wasted your time.