On 3 Jul 2010, at 15:33, John Emmas wrote:

> I downloaded the Scribble example but interestingly, it seems to have been
> written for an older version of gtk/gdk.  It uses some gdk types (e.g.
> GdkDeviceInfo) which seem to be missing from gtk-2.0 but which look as though
> they used to be present in gtk-1.2.
>
> I guess I could temporarily rename my gtk-2.0 include folders to make gtk-2.0
> inaccessible to the compiler but I'm curious to know if there's a better way
> to revert to the older version?

Actually, it's slightly simpler than I thought.  The Scribble project has two
source files (scribble.c and scribble-xinput.c).  Further investigation reveals
that they actually compile to two different executables (At first, I thought
they were both part of the same project which would have been worrying -
because scribble.c needs gtk-2.0, whereas scribble-xinput.c needs gtk-1.2).