On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 11:27 PM, Juan Pablo L. <
jpablolorenze...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, i have a problem with an application i m building with glib-2.24.2 on
> linux, i create a server socket which i use to create a GIOChannel and add
> it to a main loop, everything was fine until i found that the application
> consumes 99.8% of the CPU while waiting for connections (doing nothing else
> just sitting there waiting for connections) and it gets even worse as new
> connections come in because i create a new loop in each connection (i create
> a thread for each connection) to deal with the incoming packages and each
> connection has N handlers to process the requests, each handler has its main
> loop for asynchronous communication between them and the connection thread
> that owns the handlers, so i did a strace and found out that the time out
> being passed to poll is 0 so for each iteration the poll returns inmediatly
> therefore i m stuck with a busy wait in all main loops, so i have read the
> documentation trying to find out how to modify this bahaviour but i could
> find nothing ab
>  out it, can you please tell me why this is happenning ?? thanks!

Can you post an snipt of your code?

And if you started a Thread and a loop inside it, it will stay interacting
if you don't stop it, this will consume CPU for sure. I think you must work
with signals or interrupts, I'm not sure about GIOChannel, maybe a snipt
would clear a bit.

[ ]'s

--
Maginot JĂșnior
LPIC 1 - LPIC 2 - LPIC 3 -  CCNA - CLA - Forensics Analyst