I've been trying to find a mailing list for libgnomecanvas but couldn't find
one - so maybe somebody here might be able to help....

I've successfully built GTK+ for Windows using the supplied VC++ projects.
However, certain projects (those that need gnomecanvas) won't build until I've
built libgnomecanvas-2.  I downloaded the source which I'm currently trying to
build.  It's a bit tricky because there are no VC++ projects but I'm managing
okay.  All the modules build fine except for gnome-canvas.c which #includes
gnome-canvas-marshal.h and gnome-canvas-marshal.c.  Neither of those files was
supplied with the source code.

I took a look on the internet but all I found were a lot of complaints from
frustrated programmers who've been trying to find them before me.  So I figured
they must be auto-generated files.

Armed with my (now rusting) Linux box I installed the source code for
libgnomecanvas-2 and tried to build it using configure and make.  But it
wouldn't build because libgail couldn't be found.  So off I went to try and
find that.

I found quite a few projects called libgail but figured that libgail-gnome was
probably the one I wanted.  10 mins later I'd installed the source for
libgail-gnome but when I tried to built it, I got a rather unhelpful build
error telling me that my "configuration is wrong".

Can anyone suggest a way of obtaining the two missing files without all this
rigmarole?  Thanks.

John