I figured I would need a separate glist, I can get the last know order from
the order of the original glist.

When I get the reorder signal it appears to be run after the reorder event
has taken place. So I see the need for a unique id. I assume this is where
g_object_set_data comes in?

How would I use such an id system though?

Also sorry if this top posts its being composed on my phone, I don't know
how it copes yet.