I think the best thing you can do is associate a number when you connect the
button response to a method like this:

my_button.signal_clicked().connect(sigc::bind(sigc::mem_fun(*this,
&my_class::OnMyButtonClicked),iNumber));

The only thing you have to take into account is that the response method
changes from the standard one.

If the method to be associated to a click event of a button is the following:

void on_my_clicked()

When you use sigc::bind the method changes and it should be like this

void OnMyButtonClicked(int x)

I hope this helps you,

Kind regards,

Jon Zabala