This is exactly what I thought of, but I also want to allow to run my
program without the main window (like ./prog --task which only opens a
task window). So I would have to run a GtkApplication without any
GtkApplicationWindow. As the applications life cycle is tied to its
ApplicationWindows this approach just seems wrong.