On 23/02/17 21:02, Colomban Wendling wrote:

> Sounds odd to do that manually.  Do you know about mnemonic keys?
> Basically if you mark some part of the label to be the mnemonic letter,
> you'll be able to trigger that element with Alt+letter.
>
> Additionally, F10 already pops up the first menu of the window's menubar.

I sent a reply to Eric's message with an example of what I am doing.
Whay you suggest is valid for a "window" application that has the input
focus but I am trying to write a "dock" application that isn't focussed.
Sorry I should have made that clearer.

>     self.menubar1.select_item(self.menuitem1)

Thanks for that tip - I tried it and (see my other msg) it selects the
first menu item but the app doesn't respond after that.