Yo,

Have you tried removing the existing TreeView widget from one Notebook tab, and
adding it (the same instance) to another when the user switches?

Also, TreeView has a set_model() method which lets you specify which model to
use. For example, unset the model before making numerous data changes and set
it back afterwards, works faster without needless redraws.

Whether this combination, compared to each tab having its own TreeView, helps
you improve performance and resource usage or not, you'll need to test on your
data. Please tell if it does.

Cheers,
Makepost