Hi,

g_object_get(your_text_view,
  "buffer", &your_text_buffer,
  NULL);
g_signal_connect(your_text_buffer, "changed",
  G_CALLBACK(your_text_buffer_changed_callback), your_data);

void your_text_buffer_changed_callback(GtkTextBuffer
*your_text_buffer, gpointer your_data)
{
  gint line_count;

  line_count = gtk_text_buffer_get_line_count(your_text_buffer);

  if(line_count > YOUR_DATA(your_data)->line_count){
    gchar *your_text;

    g_object_get(your_text_buffer,
      "text", &your_text,
      NULL);

    if(your_text[strlen(your_text) - 1] == '\n' &&
YOUR_DATA(your_data)->last_newline_position <
&(your_text[strlen(your_text) - 1]) - your_text){
      //TODO:DMC: implement me
    }
  }
}