On Tue, 6 Nov 2007, Matthias Clasen wrote:

> On Nov 6, 2007 2:19 PM, Tim Janik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> On Tue, 6 Nov 2007, Matthias Clasen wrote:
>>
>>> On 11/1/07, Tim Janik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> One thing I find pretty useful, that has not been mentioned so far (or
>>> I missed it) is regression tests for bugs. For these it is very useful
>>> to have some standardized way to refer to the bug they are testing.
>>
>> people can use any naming scheme they want, there's no dictate for that in
>> the framework. e.g you could start to label your tests like this:
>>
>>    g_test_add_func ("/gtk/bug/4711", test_rand1);
>>    g_test_add_func ("/gtk/bug/4712", test_assertions);
>>    g_test_add_func ("/gtk/bug/1313", test_timer);
>

> I was hoping for some way to associate bug numbers with test cases
> that would allow
> the report to contain a link to the bug.

tko suggested a very simple call "bug (12345);" inside a test case.

i think tihs could be feasible:

void    g_test_bugzilla (const gchar *bugzilla_url_prefix);
void    g_test_bug      (guint        bugid);

g_test_bugzilla() if called outside a testcase will set the default
bugzilla url for all test cases. if called inside a test case, it
sets the bugzilla url for the scope of the case only.
g_test_bug() can be called inside a testcase, and cause a #bugid
link to appear in the test report.
for gtk and glib specifically, g_test_bugzilla() could default to
the gnome bugzilla projects from some glib/gtk specific test program
boilerplate function, e.g. gtk_test_init (&argc, &argv).

---
ciaoTJ