Tor Lillqvist wrote:
>>  I don't know if there's any interest / work in progress on this, but
>>  noticing that the new Gio implementation lacks a directory monitor for
>>  windows I wrote one (patch against 2.15.4 attached, should work on
>>  2.15.5 too)
>>

> This is great! I am sure this will gladly be accepted into GLib
> sources. (I am not sure about the use of a new "gio/win32" directory,
> though. That has not traditionally been done in GLib. But that's of
> course just a triviality easy to change.)
>
> Please open a bug report in bugzilla.gnome.org and attach your source
> code there.
>
> --tml

Hello,
I created #517419 for this.

I suppose the directory can be changed but no other name crossed my mind
then.
Also, it could be linked-in just like the inotify monitor, given that,
on windows, ReadDirectoryChangesW is in kernel32.dll
Oh, and I suppose I have to deal with the short filenames bug Ali mentioned.

Thanks,

--
Vlad Grecescu