> Hi,
>    GTK+'s test cases seem to show that this is working properly at
> least
> in recent versions.

It IS true that I'm working with version 3.4.2 under an 'ubuntu 12.04'
similar distro. Might this be the issue?

> Make sure you haven't done something like explicitly setting the
> "columns"
> property of the icon view,

I've not (I am creating the interface with Glade and off course building
it with GtkBuilder). Maybe I should mention that I'm coding using Python
2.7 not pure C.

> and it should relayout the icons to fit as many
> columns as possible (adding width should result in more columns).

And yet is not working...

> Cheers,
>
>       -Tristan

Thanks for your time.

> PS: Perhaps gtk-app-devel-l...@gnome.org is a better venue for
> questions related to using GTK+ apis.

I'll take this into consideration, thanks again.

Best regards

http://www.uci.cu