On Mon, 2013-04-22 at 19:23 +0700, Hieu Trung Le wrote:

> Have you ever compare the GSlice allocator with other malloc library
> like tcmalloc or jemalloc?

I'm not aware of any such benchmarks or comparisons, but it would
definitely be interesting to see some!

Also, as far as I remember, GSlice is pretty much a straight-up
implementation of Bonwick's slab allocator plus the subsequent changes
for using magazines for threading/multicore performance.  I don't think
GSlice has been updated with all the work that has been done in e.g. the
Linux kernel for slab-like allocators.

(Also, GSlice doesn't really use all the features of the original
slab/magazine allocator - for example, blocks of memory are not recycled
by resetting them to a "just initialized" state; instead, blocks are
freed and re-allocated / re-initialized as needed.)

  Federico