On Mon, 2013-06-03 at 15:02 -0700, Timothy Arceri wrote:

> I have managed to help get the count down from 359 only a couple of
> weeks ago through a combination of patches, making duplicates and
> bumping old bugs and patches. I have even found a couple of unreported
> issue along the way. However I've come to the conclusion that if I
> want to make a serious dent to these bugs I need some help. So...

For the record, I want to publically thank Timothy for the stellar work
he has been doing in weeding the file chooser's bug list.  Closing old
bugs, filing patches, what more would one want? :)

> I have started working my way through all the outstanding bugs and
> categorising them into groups based on the next action that should (in
> my opinion, I'm open to corrections) be taken.

This is the right way to go!

> Once a complete list of these issues has been created we could
> advertise a bug day/week/etc for these to be worked on retested etc.

For me a month-long fixing spree would work well, I think.  Of course
I'll gladly guide people through the code if needed.

> I upload the Libre Office documents I've used to categories these bugs
> here:
> http://www.itsqueeze.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Filechooser-bugs.tar.gz
> but I would like to put all this on the Gnome wiki somewhere if that's
> possible??

This is really good!  Thanks so much for compiling the list of
categorized bugs!

By now the list I had in https://live.gnome.org/GtkFileChooser is highly
obsolete.  Feel free to replace it with your list of bugs.  An
alternative is to put little strings in the Status Whiteboard field of
each bug ("filechooser-easy", "filechooser-crash", "filechooser-retest",
etc.) and put URLs for the corresponding bug queries in the wiki.

  Federico