On Sat, Feb 1, 2014 at 10:19 AM, Colin Walters <walt...@verbum.org> wrote:

> Interesting.  I'm in favor of Markdown.  But does gtk-doc understand it at
> all?
>
> I agree this would be a *really* useful endeavor, I just didn't have the
> motivation to dive
> in and translate Docbook to something else myself, but if we're making a
> collective push,
> that sounds great!
>
> The main issue is then ensuring both gtk-doc and g-ir-doc-tool are onboard.

gtk-doc understands enough to replace most of current markup (we're
tracking the issues and solutions here, fwiw:
https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/GTK+/TagsInDocs). It has recently learned a
little more, and Jon is working on improving it further.

g-ir-doc-tool currently doesn't, but Jasper was positive about making that
happen.