hi;

you really cannot use GTK+ to write a window manager.

to be absolutely, brutally honest with you, you should not write a
window manager *at* *all* — not even a little one.

if you want to experiment with window management policies, I suggest
you look at Wayland and Weston, and ignore as much as possible X. you
won't be able to write a window management plugin for Weston with GTK+
either, but at least your sanity will be saved.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

W: http://www.emmanuelebassi.name
B: http://blogs.gnome.org/ebassi/