On Fri, Mar 20, 2015, at 23:33, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> So,  you found that dup3 doesn't do what you want, and now you want to
> throw out the baby with the bathwater and just say "I don't care
> anymore if we leak fds" ?

dup3() was a bit of a "straw that broke the camel's back" case.  I could
point at the existence of g_unix_open_pipe() as a similarly ridiculous
case, or many others.

I'm also not impressed by the inaccurate categorisation.  I thought I
explained fairly clearly why I believe that leaked fds will _not_ be the
case, even without O_CLOEXEC.

I was looking for some slightly more constructive arguments...

Cheers