Hi Kasper,

As Allin said, you can get really good results if you stick with Gtk2 and
use MS-Windows theme and libwimp.dll engine. As an example of that you can
download audacious media player (https://audacious-media-player.org/download)
and see how it looks like.
For Gtk3 I got good results by

1) using the Windows 10 Gtk3 theme by b00merang Project (
https://b00merang.weebly.com/redmond-collection.html)
2) setting the right font (the one used by default in Windows) in
etc\gtk-3.0\settings.ini. Add the line

gtk-font-name=Segoe UI 9

Luca