Hi,

 I'm trying to use pango to provide persian text shaping for an application.
The application uses the freetype library but uses its own way of accessing
font files instead of fontconfig.  So I already have access to the string
pathname to the ttf font file I want to use. I  looked at the low level
functions in the pango manual but I can't figure out how to build a pangolayout
without using fontconfig. Is this possible? If so, can somone guide me how to
do this?

Thank you