On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 5:26 AM, Stefan Salewski <m...@ssalewski.de> wrote:

> On Thu, 2016-08-11 at 11:04 -0400, Andy Meneely wrote:
> > One of the key features is to be able to draw an icon
> > into the text
>
> You do know that GTK3 textview is doing exactly that?
>
> See GTK3 gtk3-demo program, textview, "Multiple Views". No idea how
> that works internally, sorry.

Ah, I was not aware of those. I don't use gtk in my project, so I didn't
think to look there. I haven't found gtk's exact implementation, but that
information led me to figure out how to create a Shape attribute and add it
to the to the AttrList and hook in a "shape renderer" with a
Pango::Rectangle.

I'll post a minimal solution here for posterity once I get the details
ironed out.

Thanks!