David Eduardo Gomez Noguera <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hello.
> Its my first time i write here. I just happen to have some questions.
>
> There are a few themes with dark backgrounds. They se up fonts to be white, but gtk
>tool tips fonts keep black, and so do other window fonts, like the background and
>fonts of the mail client im using now, or like gnome icu.
>
> Why is it?
> I checked the gtkrc file, but it myght be some setting not declared there because
>all looks right.
>
> Any help?

Hi,

add this to ~/.gtkrc.mine which should be included by ~/.gtkrc

=== snip

style "tooltips"
{
  fg[NORMAL] = { 0.0,  0.0,  0.0  } /* black  */
  bg[NORMAL] = { 0.94, 0.90, 0.54 } /* yellow */
}

widget "gtk-tooltips" style "tooltips"

=== snip

This should fix all broken themes which forget about tooltips.

ciao,
--Mitch