this is from API :). read more there under GtkWindow

void        gtk_window_set_policy           (GtkWindow
<cid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> *window,
                                             gint
<file:///home/hummaia9/gtkref/tar_files/glib/glib-basic-types.html#GINT> allow_shrink,
                                             gint
<file:///home/hummaia9/gtkref/tar_files/glib/glib-basic-types.html#GINT> allow_grow,
                                             gint
<file:///home/hummaia9/gtkref/tar_files/glib/glib-basic-types.html#GINT> auto_shrink);

Changes how a toplevel window deals with its size request and user
resize attempts. There are really only two reasonable ways to call this
function:

   1.

      gtk_window_set_policy(GTK_WINDOW(window), FALSE, TRUE, FALSE)
      means that the window is user-resizable.

   2.

      gtk_window_set_policy(GTK_WINDOW(window), FALSE, FALSE, TRUE)
      means that the window's size is program-controlled, and should
      simply match the current size request of the window's children.