Cupitt, John wrote:
> Egon Andersen, Talura wrote:
>  > I have a notebook with several pages and I want to be able to from the
>  > application to show/expose any specific page I want.
>
> I think you need gtk_notebook_set_page()

I thought of this function, but then I need to make it top-down. I can
in no way just say that I want to see the page (and its parents)
containing a specific widget?
I can probably use the gtk_widget_get_parent/gtk_widget_get_ancestor to
find the parent notebook(s), so I try that even though it seems a little
clumsy.

BTW When I used gtk_widget_get_ancestor(notebook1, GTK_TYPE_NOTEBOOK), I
got the pointer equal to 'notebook1', not the parent notebook as I had
expected. Is this the intended behaviour of gtk_widget_get_ancestor() or
is it a simple bug? (It is easy to work around in a consistent way, so
it is no big deal.)

>  > I also have scrollable windows and want a specific entry to be visible -
>  > just another complication I imagine.
>
> It depends on what sort of thing you're displaying. Widgets like clist,
> for example, have methods which will scroll to make a specific row visible.
>
> If it's not a clever widget, then you just set the adjustment on the
> scrolled window to the position of the child.

It is 'any widget', so it can not be expected to be a clever widget :-)
But how do I get the position of the widget, so that I can set the
adjustment?

Basicly what I have access to is the widget pointer. So I have to
determine the position of the widget relative to the scrolled window
somehow...??

Best regards
Egon Andersen