All,

I am seeing a very strange behaviour with a GtkEntry widget.

The application had previously been working normally; well enough that I
had not done any maintenance on it in months.

During that time, the compiler on the Solaris box was upgraded from gcc
2.95.x to gcc 3.2, without my knowledge.

I made a minor code change, rebuilt my application, and discovered that
the GtkEntry widget was not working properly.  It was swallowing certain
characters.  In some cases, the "n" was never displayed, but repeated
button presses would result in an "n" being shown.  The "s" character
was even stranger, with the keystroke sometimes working, sometimes
producing no visible effect, and with sometimes a Beta characer being
shown instead.

Investigating, I found aout about the gcc change.  I then rebuilt glib,
gtk, and gtkextra with no apparent errors, and then rebuilt my
application.  The exact same results occurred.

I tried having another user run the application, and he observed the
same effect.

Any ideas?

Eric Monsler