Yesudeep:

Thank you.
Using the installers from the installation video to which you sent a link below
, I was successful in creating a working GTK+
environment. So far, I have been able to compile successfully in MSys shells,
Windows command line,
and within Dev-C++.  pkg-config finally works.  The major difference between
what did not work and
what did work, was that before I was downloading the zip files from the Gimp
download site,
http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/downloads.html
and unzipping them into the MinGW directory.

I want to note that I was successful in creating a working GTK+ environment
under Cygwin by installing
GTK and then building pkg-config from source, from within a Cygwin shell, but
it ONLY worked in Cygwin,
rather limiting.

The next steps are to figure out how to create projects from withing Dev-C++
that do not create console
windows in addition to the window I create. I know I can use Glade to do this,
but I do not want to work in
a GUI -- I prefer to write code.

One last note -- I could not view the video in any browser (plugins failed),
nor in any application on my Windows
machine (Nero, Realplayer, WinDVD, WMP). I had to view it in my Linux video
player.

Again, Thanks.
Stewart