I have been reading about the gtk layout widget and that it has native
scrolling. If I were to use the gtk layout instead, would that scroll without
having to resize it?

________________________________

From: Diego Rivera [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sat 5/10/2008 4:35 PM
To: Ariel Martinez
Cc: gtk-list@gnome.org
Subject: Re: Scrolling a drawing area

The GtkDrawingArea isn't a common container, unlike a GtkWindow or something.
Drawing a pixmap bigger than the GtkDrawingArea itself, won't change the size
of the GtkDrawingArea, pixels out of range from the size of the drawing_area
are just clipped away (they aren't in the visible portion of the
GtkDrawingArea, so they are ignored).

>From my point of view, the gtk_set_size_request() call is required if you want
>your GtkDrawingArea to be the size of the pixmap you are drawing into it.

Regards,
Diego