2009/8/11 Damon Register <damon.w.regis...@lmco.com>

> Joshua Lock wrote:
>
>> GSF (GNOME Structured File Library)[1], which Gnumeric uses, does CSV:
>>
>> http://library.gnome.org/devel/gsf/stable/gsf-Text.html
>>
> Since I am interested in parsing csv data, I got interested in this
> thread.  I am not motivated enough to develop a library for a simple
> project so the two suggestions (gsf and gda) from this thread interest
> me more.http://libcsv.sourceforge.net/
>
>  1.
>>
> I looked at these two links and got the impression that this could
> generate a csv output but I didn't see anything obvious about reading
> csv data.  Is that the case or am I missing something.
>
> At first look, gda seems like it would be the most useful for csv
> in and out.  Is that a correct conclusion?   I am going to try to learn
> gda but so far I don't find any simple but complete examples that might
> help me learn to use gda.  Does anyone have a simple but complete example
> showing how to read a csv file?

Libgda enables import and export data from and to CVS files; for an example,
there is
http://git.gnome.org/cgit/libgda/tree/samples/Virtual/virtual-test.c, part
of the sources.

However if you only want to import CSV data Libgda may be overkill and there
is the direct LibCSV  which Libgda internally uses, at
http://libcsv.sourceforge.net/

Regards,

Vivien