simple code : just use blank cursor replace normal cursor

void hide_cursor() {
GdkCursor* cursor_blank = gdk_cursor_new(GDK_BLANK_CURSOR);
gdk_window_set_cursor(gtk_widget_get_window(widget), cursor_blank);
}

void show_cursor() {
GdkCursor* cursor_arrow = gdk_cursor_new(GDK_ARROW);
gdk_window_set_cursor(gtk_widget_get_window(widget), cursor_current);
}