Ardour runs N different MainContexts. It runs one for every user interface
that can control the program (GUI, Generic MIDI, OSC, Mackie Control,
....). There are handlers for things taking place in every context, but
GdkEvents only happen in the MainContext started and run by GTK+. The
others have their own sources and do not generate GdkEvents (just
file-descriptor-ready conditions).