N.B. I've found pdb files related to the GTK DLLs distributed as part of
the hexchat gtk-win32 project (https://github.com/hexchat/gtk-win32).

Executing with these in place, the VS 2015 debugger is showing me that
there is an intermittent issue when "pango_layout_clear_lines" is called.

Ultimately a NULL pointer is passed to glib's
"magazine_chain_prepare_fields" function.

The issue can be recreated by creating and destroying a UI dialogue a
specific number of times. Each text block in the UI dialogue is rendered by
creating and destroying PangoLayout and PangoFontDescription objects.

As this is an intermittent issue, and at a glib memory management level, I
am not sure how to proceed.

Any advice would be appreciated.