On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 10:49 AM Igor Korot via gtk-list <gtk-list@gnome.org>
wrote:

> Why do we even talking about button number, when the doc explicitly said
> "right-click", which implies "right mouse button".

X Window (at the very least) allows buttons to be remapped. Button #1 is
typically the left mouse button, but a user may remap them (eg. left-handed
people with a strong preference for using the mouse in their left hand).
"left" and "right" buttons normally have a semantic meaning (e.g. "the
button normally used for clicking on things" vs "the button used for
context menus etc.") and you cannot hard code these on X Window.  More
precisely, if you do hard code them, you disenfranchise a set of users who
remap their mouse buttons.
  • [no subject] Igor Korot via gtk-list
    • Re: Igor Korot via gtk-list
    • Re: Stefan Salewski