> On Jan 2, 2022, at 3:23 AM, Pascal <p....@orange.fr> wrote:

>>> I found only CLI tools like BBEdit or OSXFuse.

>>> When looking in environnement variables in jhbuild shell, I found:
>>> [JH] % echo $MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET
>>> 12
>>>
>>> Should I specify 11 in calling setup_sdk in jhbuildrc-custom?
>>>
>>> If so, I wonder: why the link message is issued as I have rebuilt all on
>>> macOS 12?
>>
>> The link message is saying that whatever you're trying to link was compiled
>> with macosx-version-min=11.0 while libgtk-3.dylib was compiled with
>> macosx-version-min=12.0. Did you perhaps forget to reconfigure your project
>> after rebuilding everything else?
>
> Hello John,
>
> I aim to build the GTKAda bindings with the fixed version of GTK for macOS 12.
> I dig in my building configuration without success.
> In fact the issue is coming from my Ada compiler which is stuck to macOS 11,
> the internal compilation is done with -mmacosx-version-min=11.0.0.
>
> So I got:
> otool -l
> /usr/local/xnadalib-2021/lib/gtkada/gtkada.relocatable/gtkada/libgtkada.dylib
>      cmd LC_BUILD_VERSION
>  cmdsize 32
> platform 1
>    minos 11.0
>      sdk 10.17
>
> Thus the warning.
>
> The test program is nevertheless running but fails with:
> Gtk:ERROR:../../../../gtk+-3.24.30/gtk/gtkiconhelper.c:494:ensure_surface_for_gicon:
>  assertion failed (error == NULL): Failed to load
> /usr/local/xnadalib-2021/share/icons/Adwaita/24x24/status/image-missing.png:
> Unrecognized image file format (gdk-pixbuf-error-quark, 3)
> Bail out!
> Gtk:ERROR:../../../../gtk+-3.24.30/gtk/gtkiconhelper.c:494:ensure_surface_for_gicon:
>  assertion failed (error == NULL): Failed to load
> /usr/local/xnadalib-2021/share/icons/Adwaita/24x24/status/image-missing.png:
> Unrecognized image file format (gdk-pixbuf-error-quark, 3)
>
> However the GTKAda source code is the same since I built it on macOS 11 with
> success.
>
> Well now, should I specify setup_sdk(target="11") in jhbuildrc-custom and
> rebuild all GTK stuff?

The gdk-pixbuf errors have to do with not being able to find its modules. That
might be because you need to run gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders --update-cache (in a
jhbuild shell of course!) or you need to set GDK_PIXBUF_MODULEDIR to point at
where it is, see
http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/impish/man1/gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders.1.html
<http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/impish/man1/gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders.1.html>.

Regards,