Well, that was lot of information and it took me a while to digest it all.

> Narrow the scope a bit; what's more important?

I am looking for excel-like charts for a business application.
Therefore no immediate need for math functions etc. One functionality
I would love is a 'tool-tip' that would pop-up with the value of the
data-point when the user moves the mouse on a data point (like excel).
Other than that, pretty much some bars, lines, pies etc.

Speed is definitely a concern 'cos I want to generate the graphs
dynamically based on the user selection of data-points (data selection
will be done using TreeView or something). Quality is not that big a
concern b'cos my idea of the graph is to just to give a quick visual
cue to the user.

> Just for the record, gnuplot works very well on win32 (IMO, anyway)

Yes ! Gnuplot indeed seems to work fine on win32. I've been playing
with it for a couple of days. I haven't done any heavy lifting yet but
so far it seems pretty good.

> Chart::Graph::Gnuplot (part of Chart::Graph)

I downloaded this module and played with it. Needs some polishing to
run on win32. I looked at the source code and my guess is that it can
be easily patched to work on win32.

> it looks like the gtkextra-2.0 API is a little more binding-friendly,
> but i'm a little unnerved that they don't appear to have released out
> of cvs.

On a slight offnote, I've seen that they've recently patched the
gtksheet. I guess development is not as dead as I thought to be in
that part of the world. But still their release cycle seems mysterious
to me too.

> There's also Ploticus ....

I'm yet to play with Ploticus. But it may actually fit my needs from
what I read on their site. I guess Grace and jpgraph may meet similar
needs too. If I go that route, I just have to decide which one is
cleaner to wrap in perl and pipe to Gtk2.

To summarize, I haven't yet decided which path to take.

Regards,

Ofey.