Torsten Schoenfeld said:
> On Tue, 2005-08-16 at 17:24 +0200, Scott Lanning wrote:
>
>> How would you use [Cairo] from Perl-Gtk?
>
> In theory, you'd ask GTK+ to create a cairo context for a particular
> drawable which you could then use to draw on the screen.  This
> functionality isn't wrapped in the Perl bindings yet, and is very
> unlikely to appear in the upcoming stable release.

For those wondering, "but why not!?!?!":  we've made a commitment to stability
and backward compatibility, and as such do not wish to have our stable
bindings depend on a separate brand-new, unstable binding.

For the next unstable series, however, it should be quite easy to have a
second add-on module that allows you to experiment with the new cairo stuff
without needing to use a bleeding-edge, unstable version of Gtk2 itself.
(Similar to the experimental Gtk2::3 module from the gtk+ 2.3.x / Gtk2 1.02x
days.)

--
muppet <scott at asofyet dot org>