> That's quite possible.  Win32 is infamous for its rather broken
> pipes.  One aspect of that is that pipes and network sockets behave
> differently wrt select(), mostly in that pipes tend to be broken
> while sockets work.

Well, after spending a bit more time on this, I concluded that using
pipes on win32 is definitely impossible. So I decided to model the
functionality that I need using threads instead. I have re-written the
FAQ example to use threads instead of pipes. The inspiration of course
was from muppet's code at
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-perl-list/2003-November/msg00028.html

I am attaching the code. If no one sees issues with it, I can add this
as a recipe.

Regards,

_Ofey.