----- Original Message -----

I found the culprit. On the GVariant.xs file, we have:

const char * g_variant_classify (GVariant *value);
    PREINIT:
        GVariantClass vclass;
    CODE:
        vclass = g_variant_classify (value);
        RETVAL = (const char *) &vclass;
    OUTPUT:
        RETVAL

The RETVAL value will be arch-dependent because of the way it's accessed. I'm
not familiar with .xs syntax, so what's the way to deal with endianness on this
type of files?

Att
--
Rafael Fonseca