I'm writing a binding for GNOME Keyring -- if the application and
program name are not properly set, the "unlock keyring" window
displays non-useful values. Additionally, the following warning is
printed to the terminal when running without a set application name.

----------------------
** (process:3062): WARNING **: g_set_application_name not set.
----------------------

The helper function is required because, to my knowledge, C2HS does
not allow arbitrary expressions in the out-marshaler. So I can't just
specify:

{# fun get_application_name as ^
  {} -> `Maybe String' maybePeek peekUTFString* #}

If you'd rather, I can move it out of UTFString and make it private to
.Utils, but it must exist somewhere.

[1]
http://library.gnome.org/devel/glib/unstable/glib-Miscellaneous-Utility-Functions.html#g-get-application-name