Axel Simon <axel.si...@ens.fr> writes:

> On Sun, 2009-11-15 at 22:51 +0800, Andy Stewart wrote:
>> Hi Axel,
>>
>> Today, i try to test darcs version:
>>
>> I got below two error:
>>
>> ------------------------------> 1 error start <------------------------------
>> Can't compile pass, missing import.
>>
>> At 160 line: CellLayout.chs.pp use function `fromGList`.
>
> This does not look like an error message to me. I do import GList. Did
> you do a 'make clean' to ensure that dependencies are up-to-date?
>
>> ------------------------------> 1 error end   <------------------------------
>>
>> I think you forgot add `import System.Glib.GList` into CellLayout.chs.pp
>> file.
>>

> No, I do import GList and I've just checked that darcs knows about this
> line too. I've pushed all my patches.
Yes, above problem have fix in new darcs version.

>> ------------------------------> 2 error start <------------------------------
>> ghc: /usr/local/lib/gtk2hs/HScairo.o: unknown symbol
>> arrayzm0zi2zi0zi0_DataziArrayziBase_zddmunsafeNewArrayzu_closure'
>> `cairo-0.10.1'
>> ------------------------------> 2 error end   <------------------------------
>>
>> You forgot add something in Makefile.am ?
>
> I think 'make clean' or 'make distclean' will help here.
I have run `runhaskell Setup clean` before i recompile my project.
But i still got above problem.

We got similar problem when we binding VTE library.
------------------------------> vte problem start
<------------------------------
ghc: /usr/local/lib/gtk2hs/HSvte.o: unknown symbol
`GraphicsziUIziGtkziVteziVte_d4Hk'
`vte-0.10.1'
------------------------------> vte problem end
<------------------------------

You told me:

       Ah, this could be because there's a dynamic call back in Vte.chs.pp and
       the Makefile doesn't contain the stub.o file that is being generated for
       that. Add the following lines to Makefile.am :

       libHSvte_a_LIBADD  =                           \
              vte/Graphics/UI/Gtk/Vte/Vte_stub.o

So we have same problem with HScairo.o ?

>> I lost my ~/.ssh files when i update new System.
>> So i can't push to repo until i update new ssh key.
>> Can you help me fix above problem?
>
> Can't you use the website for that?
Website? Where?
I want use terminal finish push patch.
I have send mail to supp...@community.haskell.org to update SSH key of
my account.

BTW, i found new error in newest version of gtk2hs.
------------------------------> error start <------------------------------

ro -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/directfb
-I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I.

gtk/Graphics/UI/Gtk/Windows/AboutDialog.chs.pp:107:2:
    Not in scope: `aboutDialogGetProgramName'

gtk/Graphics/UI/Gtk/Windows/AboutDialog.chs.pp:108:2:
    Not in scope: `aboutDialogSetProgramName'

So we should remove `aboutDialogGetProgramName' and
`aboutDialogSetProgramName' from export list, i can't found those two
functions' define in AboutDialog.chs.pp.

Cheers,

  -- Andy