Hi Axel,

Axel Simon <axel.si...@in.tum.de> writes:

> On Mar 18, 2010, at 17:54, Andy Stewart wrote:
>

>> Axel, i plan to update all GTK+ API to 2.18 with apiGen tool.
>> And i recommand we build a `API-TODO` file under darcs repository,
>> in it have all libraries that haven't update.
>> We remove corresponding library name from API-TODO after we finish one
>> library.
>> Then we will know how much libraries haven't update.
>> What do you think?
>
> Yes, that might be a good plan. I have started on that alphabetically
> once. But keeping a list might be more organized.
>
> It would be good if we could fix some things in apiGen:
>
> - signal names in documentation should be generated as
> 'actionActivate' not "::activate".
>
> There might be more...
I have wrote elisp extension (gtk2hs.el) that convert C document automatically.

It convert those:
------------------------------> format start <------------------------------
get_text_buffer_new()         => 'textBufferNew'
GtkWidget::realize            => 'realize'
GTK_ENUM_EXAMPLE              => 'GtkEnumExample'
TRUE                          => True
FALSE                         => False
------------------------------> format end   <------------------------------

This function can auto-fill long lines document and transform Haddock
comment style.

If you use Emacs, just select document and do "M-x gtk2hs-format-docs",
then you type `C-y` will get Haskell documentation style.
Below is source code of gtk2hs.el

You may ask: why not fix apiGen instead write Emacs extension?

Because i'm familiar with Emacs, i just use 5 minutes to write above
extension, but i need *much* time write same feature with Haskell.

I will try to fix apiGen if i have more time in the feature.

BTW, you will see "how ugly elisp". :)

Cheers,

  -- Andy