Hi,

I had a number of problems getting the cabal packages of gtk2hs to
build. I happened to be on OS X 10.6 with GHC 6.12.1.

The first problem was missing pkg-config depends for glib and gtk. I
went through a few rounds of linker errors, but eventually got it
working by adding some things.

For glib, I needed to add to pkgconfig-depends: glib-2.0, gobject-2.0

For gtk, and the various versions listed, it was missing more pieces
like gthread. pkgconfig-depends: glib-2.0, gthread-2.0, gobject-2.0,
gtk+-2.0 >= 2.12.0

Glib had nothing exposed, and in the cabal file you have, exposed:
False, leading to much failure.

In System.Glib.Signals, there are a few

#ifdef USE_GCLOSUE_SIGNALS_IMPL

However, somewhere else defines the properly spelled version of this,
and more things break. However, this led me to rediscover I'm semi-using
old stuff in Clutter for signals which I need to fix, but this is still
broken.

Gtk had various modules which were exposed and are no longer (mostly
exposing types and things which I mostly use for binding Clutter).

Renaming / moving around of Pango modules/paths: This mostly makes
sense, but kind of annoying.

More OS X specific: There was some kind of issue linking iconv, but I
didn't investigate this enough. After some annoyance with 32 vs 64 bit,
I ended up rebuilding all the necessary C libraries as universal binaries.

I think there were some more issues, but I don't remember what they are
right now.

PS: What's the status of a patch I sent to the list a couple of weeks ago?

- Matt Arsenault